Groups and Tee Times (***Updated and final)
We have 7 tee times at 27 sign ups at this moment. Be at the clubhouse at least 30mins before tee time (not just “at the range”)
Matty Strong is helping with scores and organising on the day. Any queries or issues over scores will be directed to him… and I’m sure he’ll clarify things for you in his own “subtle” way. His decision on scores is final.
Depending on weather I may introduce preferred lies in rough, but lets hope for a decent day.
Format: This is a fun day… clue’s in the name!
- £15 bet for everyone
- Full club handicap
- Rainbow tee format (blues markers won’t be out so tee off near the ‘plates’ – use common sense)
- Ladies will get 3 courtesy shots
- Change cards with team member to mark score
- One team member responsible to giving all cards to Matt Strong
- Team prize will be an average of all team scores … so support each other!
- Countback on all prizes (no split winnings)
- 2019 rules – 3min ball search, 1inch drop, putt with flag in if you want. Pick up on blobs obviously. Oh, and Winter rules.
- ‘Proper’ gimmies for speed of play – max putter grip length. Yes team score is an average for everyone but be fair to the Swindle, don’t be generous!
- Two mulligans for everyone included in £15 – usual rule, clearly declare when using them… cannot be used as a ‘provisional’ off the tee. You declare it, you play it
This is a fun day… it is not a “slow” day – but it isn’t going to be fast behind the Ryder Cup match! I will be encouraging John to poke all matches (ours and the Ryder Cup) to try and get things moving as much as we can. But *shrug* what can we do – bring sandwiches, and yes, Jaffas cakes, board games etc etc.
I’ll be printing out tees colours and rules above so someone in the group will have a sheet with the cards when you head out.
Prizes (cash prizes only on the day) – your £15 includes:
- All scores will use countback
- Overall first/2nd/3rd
- Best front and back
- 3 nearest the pins, 15th longest drive
- Blind cash sweepstake when you sign-in, to pick the overall winner
- Couple mystery prizes!
- A minor contribution is going towards website costs