Sent over by Graham (Adams)
No doubt Matt will be emailing something similar around prior to the end of the year.
All Changes take effect from 1st January 2016
- Manual – It was agreed that a shorter booklet containing the principal changes would be produced to be used as an addendum to the existing Manual. This revision would be limited to 2016-2017. The Manual still to be produced electronically including the CSS tables.
- Calendar year to be adopted – 1 Jan to 31 Dec.
- Initial Handicaps – to be allocated in line with Annual Handicap Review formula/algorithm.
- Handicap Category Boundaries – It was agreed that no change would be made to the existing handicap category boundaries. However a new `Club Handicap` will be introduced for clubs who wish to allocate a handicap higher than 28/36 for use in club run events. This handicap will only be valid at the player’s home club and cannot be used in opens etc.
- Preferred Lies – Each National Union to have discretion to adopt a preferred lie period within their jurisdiction. England Golf will remain as 1st October to 30th April, preferred lies outside this period must be authorised by your County Union/Association.
- CSS Calculation for men – to include Cat. 4 players in the same manner as Ladies CSS calculation.
- Qualifying Nine Hole Scores.
- a. A score returned better than, or within, BZ will have 18 points added to create an 18 hole score.
- b. A score returned outside BZ will be doubled
- c. 9-Hole Scores will be included in the ESR process.
- Continuous handicap Review – Introduction of a process to flag players with 7 consecutive 0.1 handicap increases so that Handicap Committees can review and apply an immediate handicap increase if required.
- 4BBB Handicap allowance to be increased from ¾ to 90%.
- Competition Status
- a. Re-allocation of ‘c’ status handicap will require scorecards for 54 holes, in any permutation of 9 and 18-hole scores.
- b. All Unions/Associations to use ‘c’ Competition Handicap Status from 1 Jan 2016.
- c. Reactivation of ‘c’ status Handicap after handicap lost – if a player with a ‘c’ Competition Handicap leaves club membership but re-joins within a period of 12 months his handicap will be re-instated as ‘c’.
- Supplementary Scores
- a. May be returned at all GB&I clubs of which a player is a member.
- b. Acceptable over 9-holes (Handicap Categories 2 and above).
- c. Unlimited for handicaps 28/36 to 54
- Exceptional Scoring Reductions (ESRs)
- a. Table has been amended to reduce severity of reductions.
- b. ESRs will only be applied based on a pair of exceptional scores (ES)
Eg. ES1 + ES2 = ERS1, ES3 + ES4 = ESR2
Further detail will be added to the England Golf Website as soon as possible, Please continue to check http://www.englandgolf.org/page.aspx?sitesectionid=563&sitesectiontitle=Handicapping