Posted on behalf of Phil
Well I hope she was looking down, the sun shone so brightly for her on Sunday.
Carol had a wonderful attitude to life, she taught us to be kind, to live for today and to have fun, Sunday brought all of that in abundance so I am sure she was chuffed.
It seems that everyone had a good time, so thank you to all who took part, the main ingredient for any good golf day is good people and we have plenty of them at Surrey National.
I had a great day on the golf course with my four ball, my great buddy Philip who I just don’t spend enough time with, Simon, who Jane probably thinks I spend too much time with and big Wayne, we didn’t tear it up but we had a great time in great weather, thank you guys.
Some more thank you’s. [UPDATED]
- Big thanks to my beautiful daughter’s Mollie and Daisy for all their help
- Matty and Lee Fease who I forgot to thank on the day.
- Jane, who as always, worked tirelessly for some considerable time to make this happen.
- Tracey and Lorraine who helped her, thank you for yesterday too Tracey.
- Kieran, John, Zoe and co. at the golf course who were always there when we needed them.
- Ben for allowing us the two tee start and tee times.
- ALL the prize winners, everyone gave their winnings back to the charity, I have never seen that done before. (Jane, Hew, Al Gollop, Al Saville, Lee Feasey, Dean Feasey, Steve Wood, Paul Thornton, Tony Betteridge, Heather Quick, Tracey Savedra, Dan Tully, Danny Betts, Dan Mason, Claire Gallagher.)
- Mr T for his generous donation to the prizes. [ed. that is Phil Thorley!]
- All those who bought raffle tickets, a lot of you in abundance.
- Simon B, The Snashers, Jo and Steve and Dan Tully for their the silent auction bids.
- Bronwen for another amazing cake, they taste as good as they look whoever won it.
- Tina for her wonderful paella.
- Katie for Carol’s photographs.
- Hew, Dom, Emma and Isla for their tireless effort collecting money.
- James for his Breakfast Club donation.
- Mollie for her flowers.
- Martin for the trophy, such serendipity, Jane winning it, although she liked you too Hew!
- Anyone else who donated or helped and that I may have forgotten, apologies.
Big apologies, forgot to thank Lorraine Axten and Luke Munro for their generous donations. I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone else, please let me know if I have.
- Also to Janine and Pam for their wonderful deserts.
We raised £2,075.00 for The Royal Marsden which is a fantastic sum, well done to everyone.
God bless you ‘Our Whispering Angel’, we will always remember your smiling face.
More photos from the day
Use left-right arrows to go through the gallery (or click on << or >> at the bottom of the images). Click on the photo’s to close the image.
no images were found
If I may add a few words…
Phil’s post really does cover everyone, however if I can echo Captain Mark’s words at the end of the prize giving… these days don’t just happen.
Clearly a huge team effort as Phil made mention, I’m sure we would all like to extend special thanks to Phil and Jane for all their hardwork in making the day happen, in installing Carol’s bench by the ladies 13th tee, and not least with the generosity of opening their house to us all to celebrate Carol’s Day.
We certainly had a fantastic summer’s day for it and it was great to see family, partners, friends, and both past and present members from across the club all enjoying the day… the handing back of prizes just summed up the feeling on the day. Cracking stuff. The membership (and the ‘social’ of course) really does set our club apart from so many.
(Special thanks from me to Daisy in feeding me extra jaffa cakes, I even managed a couple before Dan Tully steamed through them).
Carol would’ve been super, super chuffed with the whole day and evening – the figure raised for her charity is fantastic. A top day at Surrey National.