12 of our brave fellow Swindlers headed off to Kent on Masters Sunday to play the awesome links courses of Princes, Cinque Ports and Royal St Georges.
What’s this I hear. GRAHAM LOVELESS had a hole in one!
Beee-limey I best not mention that as he’ll be due to get the drinks in.
Posted on behalf of Sean
First of all, a couple of ‘thank-you’s
- Philip for setting the whole thing up
- Everyone for their great company & generous gifts – great mementos of a great trip
Well done Philip, Simon & Jim – clearly ahead of the pack, with Graham A on trailing a little behind
Room-mates Blind Pairs
The combination of Philip & Jim was unstoppable
Sunday –Princes, Sean’s Birthday – Ryder Cup
- Ryder cup style 3 pairs & 2 singles match play
- The ‘A’ team – Phil (Captain), Mark, Jim, Matt, Brian C, Graham A, Denzil, Phil Thorley
- The ‘NTATBWWBTMFA’* Team – Sean (Captain), Prit, Simon, Jerry, JC, Bryan H, Andy, Andy
*NTATBWWBTMFA stands for – Not the A Team, but we are going to beat those mother f8ckers anyway
It was a close fought draw on Ryder Cup points, but the prize was awarded to Phil’s ‘A’ team on the basis that their win’s were by a greater margin
Monday – Cinque ports – Swashbucklers vs Originals – £5 a head
- Graham A (Captain), Bryan H, Brian C, JC, Jerry & Graham L vs. Matt (Captain), Phil, Sean, Jim, Mark & Simon
- 3 times 4 ball better ball, but every hole counts (Surrey Hills style)
A convincing win for the Swashbucklers, thanks mostly to Simon & Sean securing a 9 hole lead
Tuesday– Royal St George – Fat Heads vs. Pin Heads [Editor: classy!]
- Fat Heads – Matt (Captain), Brian C, Denzil, Mark, Phil, Graham
- Pin Heads – Jerry(Captain), John C, Bryan H, Jim, Sean, Simon
- A blind team event– hole by hole Match play – best 3 out of 6 scores count
A close and exciting match, fought afterwards in the bar, ended in a draw. The prize was donated to the St Georges waiting staff.